I just think it’s odd that parents choose to spend their time going to parent-teacher conferences (I certainly won’t) when they can do the following literally whenever they want:
- Check their child’s grades online
- Check the homework schedule online
- Email the teacher
- Read the school’s policies online
- Talk to their child over dinner about what they’re learning (I know that’s a bit extreme, but it’s possible)
- Parents can even meet with any teacher over Skype or Google Hangouts and save the trip.
Especially in high school, should we still continue this unnecessary tradition?