Integrating art and poetry study into penmanship practice!
Our cursive copywork and art study program related to ancient history and world empire studies. Features 12 poems and 13 works of art related to the rise and fall of empires and truths revealed through the ages.
This PDF workbook includes the following:
- Twelve carefully selected poems that reinforce virtue, truth, work, and redemption through the ages. Featured poets include Ben Jonson, William Ralph Emerson, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, George Washington Doane, Charles MacKay, Sam Walter Foss, Ellen H. Gates, Henry Van Dyke, and Myra Brooks Welch.
- Copywork pages for all twelve poems (over 100 pages of copywork!)
- Scripture verses related to each poem (over seventeen Bible verses). All except two passages are NKJV. One passage is from KJV (Philippians 2:3-4) and one passage is from NIV (Romans 12:13-15).
- Mini-poster pages for each poem showing a featured artwork selection
- Thirteen works of art from eleven different artists: Vincent Van Gogh, Pieter Bruegel the Elder, Ivan Aivazovsky, Sir Lawrence Alma-Tadema, Edwin Lord Weeks, William Collins, Pierre Puvis de Chavannes, William Bradford, Kuzma Petrov-Vodkin, Cesare Biseo, and Jean-Leon Gerome
- A gentle introduction to English grammar concepts including: parts of speech (nouns, adjectives, prepositions, verbs, adverbs, pronouns, conjunctions, interjections), sentence parts (phrases, clauses, subjects, predicates), and sentence types.
- Memorization plan to assist with memorizing the poems
- Ideas for further extending the art, poetry, and English grammar study
Format: PDF Download (Mac & PC Compatible), 146 pages. For individual family use. (The PDF includes an appendix with the poems and corresponding art formatted for printing as cards for reference or review.) A link to download the PDF Document will be automatically sent to the Paypal email address used at checkout.
Note: This resource is not eligible for purchase through charter/public school programs due to religious content.
Suggested grades: 2 to 6